maandag 8 december 2008

Digital pictureframe......cool way of keeping people up to date

Most of you probably don't know (assuming most of my readers are people I don't know) but I'm about to become a daddy:) This obviously is a great thing and not just for us but also for our parents. Unfortunately they live far away (well far is a subjective thing but I mean a few hours driving)

I was just wondering how to keep them up to date and finally I got it. I bought some digital photoframes (the cheap kodak ones with wifi) and now I can share the pictures I make via the internet. Just created a pictures for dummies manual (parents are not really from the digital era) so they can start it up and select the right albums to view

By doing so I noticed that the software to upload is not the greatest in the world and definately not integrated (would love to keep some of my mediacenter folders in sync with the digital album at kodak) but they moved from traditional media to a new set of services. I can upload the pictures (and then have them printed on paper, canvas, a mug or whatever) and the people viewing them are able to have their printed copies as well. Not sure if they will use this service (maybe to have a print of 1 picture for their wallet to show off) but the idea is nice

Next step is playing around with the more advanced digital photoframes (and unfortunately more expensive ones) that can show video and websites as well. The goal now is to setup a system that can display the images (streaming) from an IP cam so I can have a bunch of those frames with either pictures or the security cameras (and the babycam, this one has audio as well). If you have a setup like this feel free to share

Geen opmerkingen: