zondag 4 januari 2009

Windows 7 - bad news for hardware manufactures

I was thinking about starting off the new year (and yes, happy new year to all of you) by doing a small investment. I thought my old laptop was ready for replacement so I was looking for a new one but after all reviews of Windows 7 I might just install a beta of windows 7 on my laptop to get the performance improvement. Just have to wait till it's offered by my MSDN account and then I can invest this money in other gadgets (I have to support the economy, don't I)

On ZDNet there is a nice test on how windows 7 outperformed both Vista as well as XP SP3 big time in real life scenarios. I think the only reason to upgrade to a new machine would be the multitouch capabilities of Windows 7 that are not supported on my tablet PC

Geen opmerkingen: